Sarawal: A memorandum has been submitted to Sarawal by the All Nepal Women’s Association (Revolutionary) Sarawal Village Committee Nawalparasi in West Nawalparasi. The women have submitted a memorandum led by the coordinator of the committee Sona Chaudhary demanding immediate implementation of the 11-point demand.
In the absence of Sarawal Rural Municipality Chairman Radheshyam Chaudhary, the women handed over a memorandum to Vice Chairman Uttama Rai and demanded immediate implementation of the 11-point demand. In addition, the women submitted a memorandum demanding immediate implementation of the following demands.
- Prolonged smoking, alcohol, and gambling around hospitals, health posts, and educational institutions (schools) are prohibited.
2- In order to create adolescent friendly atmosphere up to the secondary level, comfortable rooms, toilets, and sanitary pads should be provided to the adolescents.
3- One staff nurse should be provided in each secondary school within Sarawal Rural Municipality.
4- Create a comfortable environment to get citizenship in the name of the mother.
- Implement a system of equal rights in the patrimonial property for children.
6- Gender Responsible Budget should be allocated for 10 percent and used for public awareness, training, skill learning, etc.
- Sarawal rural municipality should be declared a violence-free municipality.
- Provision of the short-term safe house at every local level.
- Arrangements must be made for all pregnant women to give birth in the hospital.
- Arrangements must be made to provide immediate justice to the women victims of violence through the Judicial Committee.
- Arrangement of bank account and free education up to secondary education after birth for daughters.
They had demanded immediate implementation of the 11-point demand.